Here’s the deal…
ALL elements of this website, including, but not limited to, the general design and the content, are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. Please read on for the whole story…
The Good News
I actively encourage you to share my website content via social media.
In addition, you may:
- Post links to this site to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Scoop It, PaperLi, RebelMouse, Google+ and other social media sites.
- Embed tweets on your own blog or website
- Print out articles for your private use.
- Download my images to your computer or smartphone for your personal use only – for example, as used for a screensaver or screen wallpaper
- Quote my articles in your blog or website with a link to this website
- Link freely to my website provided that your site contains no offensive material
- Freely review my website
- Share from my social media accounts in the manner prescribed by the social media platform in question (i.e. Retweet, repin, share, etc.)
You may not:
- Claim any of my content (including, but not limited to, articles, graphics, photographs etc.) to be your own
- Reproduce any of my photographic content in any way other than in the list above
- Use any of my content for commercial purposes without written permission describing recompense and attribution in detail
- Download images for any use other than your own personal use as described above. For example, you may not download my images and upload them to your own social media accounts
- Manipulate my images in any way
- Sell my content
- Twitter’s terms of service “You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services.”
- Facebook’s terms of service You(the Facebook user) own “all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings.”
- Pinterest and all other social media sites have similar terms and conditions. In short, the owner of images retains the copyright to any images posted/uploaded.
- Social media platforms’ terms and conditions state that images can be shared by other users of that particular social medium. In addition, some media give you the ability to cross-post to other media (from Facebook to Twitter for example) but this does not alter the original copyright in any way
- Posting images or content to social media or news media does not imply ‘fair use’
Social Media Today
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using this website. Using this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this website.
All elements of this website, including, but not limited to, the general design and the content, are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. Except as explicitly permitted under this or another agreement with Tropical Sun Design (Andy Royston and Jackie Jackson), no portion or element of this website or its content may be copied or re-transmitted via any means and this website, its content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of Tropical Sun Design unless otherwise expressly agreed. You shall indemnify Tropical Sun Design any losses, expenses, costs or damages incurred by any or all of them as a result of your breach of the terms of this agreement or your unauthorized use of the content and related rights.
We use reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy, correctness and reliability of the content, but we make no representations or warranties as to the content’s accuracy, correctness or reliability.
THE PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES ON THIS WEB SITE ARE NOT FREE. We are willing to license usage rights for a negotiable fee. As traditional stock photography, image use is subject to the issuance and payment of an image use licensing agreement.
THESE PHOTOS ARE NOT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. All content is the exclusive property of Tropical Sun Design, all rights are reserved, and any unauthorized use whatsoever is an infringement of US and international copyright and is punishable by law. Image theft is a serious offense. In the event an infringement is discovered, you will be notified and invoiced the industry standard TRIPLE FEE for unauthorized usage and/or prosecuted for copyright infringement in US Federal Court where you will be subject to a fine of US $150,000 statutory damages as well as all court costs and attorneys’ fees. By entering this site you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. Entrance to this web site is expressly on these terms and conditions which embodies all of the understandings and obligations between the parties hereto.
If you are interested in licencing a specific photo for publication lets talk